Monday, August 10, 2009





I totally had butterflies in my stomach and was full of angst and couldn't sleep all night. I was so nervous for the first day of school, my daughter however appeared to be totally uneffected that she was going to be leaving her mommy alone with the boys for 6 hrs and 45 min to go to school all by herself for the first time. Tyler gave her a father's blessing this morning and when he got done she turned around and said "Dad are you crying?" to which he quickly rubbed his face and said "No, Rylee, it's just really hot in here". He blessed her that even though mommy and daddy couldn't always be with her, Heavenly Father could and he would bless her and protect her. I was almost crying at the end. These are just some of the 43 pictures dad took of Rylee's first day at school. He said she was the cutest one there by far and I think he is going to pop from being so proud of his lil' girl. Oh that every girl in the world could have a dad like Ty:)

6 comments:

lauranadam said...

Cara I can't believe Rylee is in school! And may I say she looks absolutely adorable and I just want to squeeze her! I love you and will you please help me figure out how to blog since you are doing such a good job of it?:)

dyefam said...

Rylee looks so cute. I have to agree, that every little girl should be so lucky to have a dad like Tyler. I have been thinking of you today and hoping you and Tyler are doing fine with Rylee gone to school. we love you all. Kim Dye

Dayna said...

Cara!! This is Dayna Penrod (well Arnell now). I saw your blog on Kristals page. Your kids are so so cute. Especially your little girl! She is gonna knock some socks off in high school! My blog is private but if you want an invite just email me at daynapenrod@yahoo.com. You look great by the way!!

j&krosser said...

Way to go Cara!! Now you just need blog more often. Way cute posts.

AudyCamp said...

Wowswers! I know I'm behind when I've missed Cara's latest 18 posts! Sheesh! Congrats on all that fun stuff. Your kiddos are so cute!..and your bro getting engaged..how cute. I love how you told the part of Tyler wiping his eyes...I've seen him do that a time or two. Presh!

kristal said...

Why were you filled with angst on her first day?
Um, yea, kam was the same way, no big deal. Jaden was so nervous though, wait til your boys go, I think it's harder. Good job on posting!!!